Children Activities at Granite Arch
Celebrate your next birthday with us! Our staff takes you and your guests on a climbing adventure for 2 hours.The first 30 minutes is spent in our boulder room where everyone is introduced to climbing on lower walls. The remaining time is spent on the larger wall using ropes where our staff belays your group.
When finished climbing, your guests can relax in our party area for another hour. You provide the treats and entertainment - serve up some cake, sing a bit, your choice. Enjoy!
We recommend helmets for your guests but we do not supply them. Please initial the waiver if you feel comfortable not wearing a helmet
$18 per climber, minimum of 6 climbers. 50% non-refundable deposit due at the time of booking.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AVAILABLE TIMES AND RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT 916-852-ROCK DURING OUR REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS. OUR HELPFUL STAFF IS EAGER TO ASSIST YOU.
Youth Climbing Club
The Youth Climbing Club is structured to provide kids, ages 7-12, the opportunity to discover and learn about the sport of rock climbing. Club meets once a week on Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
Under the guidance of dedicated instructors, kids learn basic rock climbing skills, as well as work at improving balance, strength and coordination. The sport of rock climbing will also help your child develop self-confidence and self-esteem, while also learning other important life skills such as teamwork and communication. In addition to climbing, other activities during Club include games and obstacle courses in our Adventure Village area.
Come in and see what the fun is all about. First time visitors are invited to join us on the first Tuesday of the month to try out one session for just $10.00--no commitment necessary. At the end of the session, if your child likes what he or she just experienced and you would like to join the Club that night, we'll credit the $10.00 towards their first month dues of $79.00.
- Have fun and learn to climb
- Equipment rental included on club night only
- All Club kids have a standard student membership (does not include equipment rental except during Club time)
- Tuesday, 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Beginner/Intermediate, ages 7-12
COST: Only $79 per month
The Youth Intermediate Team is for kids 10-18 who are ready to take their climbing to the next level, but are not interested in competing or need to improve a bit more before trying out for Team Granite Arch (see below). The Intermediate Team practices twice a week from 4:00pm-6:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Our coaches will help Intermediate Team members sharpen their skills which will enable them to improve their strength, endurance and proficiency as climbers. Team members in this group will also be introduced to more advanced levels of climbing such as crack climbing, lead climbing and lead belaying. Intermediate Team members are strongly encouraged to have their own equipment (shoes, harness, chalk bag, locking carabiner and belay device).
- Meet climbers your age
- Learn new climbing skills
- All Intermediate Team members have a standard student membership (does not include equipment rental)
- Practice sessions with coaching are Tuesday and Thursdays, 4:00pm-6:00pm
- All abilities, ages 10-18
COST: $119.00 per month, if you have your own equipment (if you do not have your own equipment, add $40/month for equipment rental for practice sessions)
Competitive Team: Team Granite Arch
The Competitive Team is for those young climbers (ages 10-18) who are ready for the challenge of indoor climbing competition.
Our experienced coaches help members focus on climbing technique, strength, endurance and core balance, as well as diet, hydration and stretching.
Places on the Competitive Team will be determined by tryouts held at the end of August each year or by invitation of coaches at other times of the year. Participation at this level requires dedication and a desire to improve oneself. All team members must be proficient at belaying. Lead climbing belaying are also stressed in this group. Competitive Team members must have their own equipment (shoes, harness, chalk bag, locking carabiner and belay device).
- Learn how to climb better and efficiently
- Train for competitions
- All CompetitiveTeam members have a standard student membership (does not include equipment rental)
- Practice sessions with coaching are Tuesday and Thursdays, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Optional Saturday practice session from 10:00am-noon (additional fee required--see below)
- Intermediate level and above, ages 10-18
COST: $119.00 per month (all Team GA members MUST have their own equipment)
Optional Saturday practice: $22.00 per month
Granite Arch offers a fun and exciting home school program. We have both a beginner/intermediate class and an advanced class. Click here for more information.
- Merit badge
- Challenge course
- Managed and self-managed climbing
- Call 916.852.ROCK for details and reservations for all scout activities
Got a little one and you aren't sure if they'll like climbing? Come and let them enjoy our indoor playground where they can climb on a variety of tubes, rocks and other things. The kids will have a blast playing and discovering climbing. The play area is self-supervised, so plan on having some fun with your kids.
Spend the night at Granite Arch and have full access to the entire facility.
- Are you looking for something to do with your group, scouts, or friends? Have the Ultimate sleep-over!
- Arrive at 9pm, leave at 9am the next day.
- Harnesses and belay devices are provided
- Belay class provided for everyone over 14 years old
- What to bring?
- Sleeping bag
- Extra clothes, it gets cold here sometimes
- Food, we also have snacks availible for purchase
- Waiver. Don't leave home without one.
- A smile!
$900 for first 30 climbers, $25 each additional
50% non-refundable deposit due at the time of booking.
Shoes are extra $5 per pair.
What better way to spend a week (or a couple weeks!) of your summer than learning to climb at Granite Arch! Dates for 2014 will be announced shortly after the first of the year.
Learn how to climb on twelve foot boulders and thirty-five foot walls!
Other activities include group competitions, a scavenger hunt, climbing demonstrations, and visit nearby sports facilities throughout the week. New activities everyday.
- Ages 7-12
- Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
- Friday is Bring a Friend Day